Wednesday 20 July 2011

My first Webinar

   Today I had the chance to listen and be involved in my very first Webinar. It was run by Lyn Hay and featured Dianne Lane who was presenting us with effective search methods when using the CSU Library database, EBSCO (an international database),and Informit (an Australian database). WOW! All this time I have been searching on Google and the like with no real clear direction  and just coming across information, hoping that I would find what I needed. Look out - now I know how to search effectively! :)
    I must admit that it took me 30 minutes to set it all up and then I still couldn't see the chat box at the bottom. Apparently Firefox has issues with that particular program and it is best to run it with Explorer. Thanks to my hubby for figuring that out or I would have missed the whole thing!
   For those who missed it, it will be archived and it really is worth your while to check it out. Now, if I can only figure out how to access the archives and see Webinar 1 ......

No comments:

Post a Comment