Thursday 17 November 2011

Indecision ....

After much indecision, I am going to go ahead with ETL503 over the Christmas holiday break. I must say that I was totally overwhelmed by the brief and the assignments and have been second guessing myself for awhile. Now I have committed myself though, there is no turning back! That being said, I am still very unsure of it all. I was at a school on Wednesday and took a copy of my assignments to discuss some ideas with the Teacher Librarian. As soon as I mentioned the school's Collection Policy, there was a shift in the conversation. They don't have one and she doubts whether any Catholic school on the Coast would have one either because they are "old hat". Hmmm... not a good start. So am off next week to visit a Public school and a Public Library to see if I can find someone who has a collection policy and is willing to talk to me about it. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment